These cute gift tags are quick to make and reusable so won't end up in the bin after the present has been opened! They can be made in any size or designs and are perfect for using up left over pieces of felt, fabric and trimmings.
You Will Need:
Three Felt Pieces the Same Size
This makes the Christmas Tree design shown
Use two strands of embroidery floss.
1. To make the label front - From one felt piece cut a triangle and square shape, Place the fabric scrap behind and attach the fabric using a running stitch in contrasting thread. Trim the fabric.
2. To make the label back - Cut a rectangle in the centre and use blanket stitch or running stitch to frame it. Also blanket stitch the bottom edge.
3. Place the remaining piece of felt onto the reverse of the label front. Using blanket stitch attach the two together at the bottom edge and attach a ribbon to the top edge.
4. Sandwich all pieces together and blanket stitch the remaining three sides together.
5. Insert a piece of card or paper and write your message.
- Use a hole punch and thread a ribbon through
- Use chain stitch to decorate the front as shown on the present gift tag
- Attach mini pom pom trim to the front piece before attaching the middle felt using running stitch